Books, Newspapers and Subscriptions
Only paperback books from online bookstores such as Amazon or Barnes & Noble will be accepted. Books dropped off or mailed by individuals will be returned.
All publishers must be verifiable. We also do not accept CDs, DVDs, or tapes. No hardcover books are allowed to be sent to an inmate, only paperback books will be accepted. Additionally books must not contain:
· Staples, metal, or hard plastic bindings.
· Photographs or pictures that display drugs, pornography, gangs, gang tattoos, or hand gestures (signs).
· Food products, cosmetic items, board games, personal clothing, etc.
· Stationary, note pads, envelopes, stamps, pens, pencils, etc. (These items may be purchased through commissary.)
· Any material that appears to be obscene or tends to incite murder, arson, riot, racism or otherwise compromises the security of the facility will not be accepted.
· Any items not listed which may compromise the security of the facility.
Inmates are not allowed to possess more than five (5) books at any given time.
All unacceptable or improperly addressed inmate mail will be returned to the sender.The inmate must bear the costs of returning all items considered to be contraband or non-allowable items.