Senior Chaplain Harold Baumer is responsible for all faith based organizations coming into the jail and approving all ministers visiting inmates in the jail.
The mission of the Chaplain's Division of the Boone County Sheriff's Office is to serve the personnel, the community, and the inmates as a supportive volunteer group of qualified ministers and counselors, who will assist, by request, in personal matters, marriage, job or spiritual counseling and to be available to assist in time of emergency, as needed.
The purpose of the division is to:
- Provide guidance and counsel in matters of spiritual, personal, family job, or other nature at the request of the personnel
- Assist the officers in emergencies where a chaplain would be of benefit to the department personnel and/or the general public
- Be available in situations where the possibility of injury to personnel is high, such as hostage/barricade situations, attempted Suicides, riots, demonstrations, etc
- Act as a resource person in matters where a specialist is required or needed
- Be at the Sheriff's request, to represent the department and/or Sheriff at public functions
- Inmate Bible Studies and Church Services
- Christmas Behind Bars – outreach ministry for inmates and families visiting our Jail in December